Auditory training is an intervention strategy utilized in rehabilitative audiology. The goal is to help people with hearing loss use their residual hearing maximally. It highlights developing listening skills to enhance the recognition and understanding of speech sounds despite restricted hearing capacity.
Hearing aid devices alone do not sufficiently compensate for sensory losses despite substantial technological advances in digital technology. General use amplification paces among adults with hearing loss remain low, and auditory training can enhance overall satisfaction and performance in noise. Although improved technology may partially address some listening problems, auditory training may be another alternative to improve speech recognition of noise and satisfaction with devices.
The underlying auditory plasticity following the placement of sensory devices suggests that people with hearing loss may need additional auditory exercise for the brain’s reorganization. Training may be required to achieve optimal performance from devices. Several auditory training programs are accessible for adults with hearing loss, cochlear implants, or hearing aids like Amptify.
Skills developed using Auditory Training
- Enhances speech discrimination: NIH team’s research revealed that auditory training enhanced patients’ capacity to determine words that sound alike and lowered word confusion.
- Reduced perceptual exertion while listening: Research showed that auditory training reduces the effort required to recognize words, so more cognitive resources can be devoted to processing meaning.
- Improved Listening Confidence: Studies show that participants’ participation in the auditory training program significantly increased their confidence to engage in everyday conversations.
- Enhanced the overall wellness experience: The program gave patients a feeling of empowerment over hearing loss, a high degree of fulfillment because of ongoing professional contact, and lowered listening challenges they most desired to address.
Amptify and how it works
Backed by clinical research and peer-reviewed publishing
Research shows that Amplify’s cognitive training methods have developed speech perception skills, increased listening confidence, and enhanced conversational fluency. They offer activities to gain the most out of your hearing devices. This also has an excellent Tinnitus program.
Amptify participants experience a merging of tele-audiology and aural rehabilitation that supplements hearing instrument service and delivers a scientifically-backed, imaginative, and patient-proven treatment for hearing loss.
The Amptify hearing healthcare program includes:
- A Hearing Health Coach: Guidance from certified audiologists trained to support and engage participants.
- An Interactive Curriculum: Twelve to sixteen weeks of motivation, quizzes, strategies, real-life practice, and hearing loss education crafted to improve participants’ lives.
- Auditory Training Games: Video games are designed to teach strong listening and cognitive skills through fun, interactive auditory training modules.
- Strong Community Support: A managed peer-to-peer environment for participants to interact, receive support and offer guidance.
What can we do
The Listening Lab Singapore provides free listening rehabilitation sessions with selected hearing aid model purchases. Its goal is to meet the needs of individuals seeking faster improvement through their hearing aids.
We also recommend exercises with your hearing aid device(s) to help improve your listening skills. We have been offering quality hearing care services to hearing loss patients, including a professional hearing test and a lifetime aftercare program. Visit any of our branches to find out more about this service.
About The Listening Lab
Listening Lab is a home-grown company whose mission is to help our clients restore their hearing to enjoy the life that they desire. Experiencing hearing loss can be detrimental to one’s quality of life. Hence we commit to providing high-quality hearing solutions.
If hearing aids are required, clients can choose from a variety of the best hearing aid brands we provide. Each of the products offers unique features that complement daily use and perform well in helping our clients enjoy the life that they desire.